Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Its strange what a person resorts to out of boredom.

I have been an avid reader of blogs for about 4 years now and I have always wanted to start one.  Recently, something major happened in my life, which has led me to start blogging.   Even though this is my first post and you hardly know me, I know what your thinking...did she get engaged?  pregnant? loose weight?  win the lottery?  get a new job?  Well let me relieve the suspense for you....I broke my elbows.  Yes...that is elbowS....as in both of them.  In a sense it was really a blessing in disguise.  I was able to take time off of work to heal and after the major pain I was in subsided I was able to fill my time during the day (in between answering work emails) with playing with my dogs (Olive and Pickle), cooking, gardening, spending time with family and friends and of course reading blogs and obsessively looking at pinterest.  There are still a lot of things that I have a hard time with (opening doors, string things, turning things, using a can opener, lifting things, etc...) but after your in such pain and not able to move your arms for a month you really start to appreciate the little things again.  I have realized that I have quite a nice life and I would like to share it with all of you out there!

I just got done getting more x-rays and seeing the doctor and they tell me that I can go back to work on Monday, which is good and bad.  I love my job, I am good at it and it allows me to live in my amazing cozy house and have some money to have fun on the weekends....que in background music "everybody's working for the weekend" or if you prefer I can quote Billy Joel..."Drank a lot of take home pay" (Keeping the Faith is a great song)!  But honestly I have been spoiled!  I have had almost the entire summer off - granted most of it I spend on the couch with ice on my arms and elbows and in a ton of pain...but I really tried to take advantage of relaxing and reconnecting with family and friends.

So I promise this blog will be full of pictures of my amazing dogs, my new house, my garden, cooking, outfits, shopping and all of that good stuff!

So now I leave you with a picture that will hopefully bring a smile to your face..Olive (my 7 year old Boston Terrier sitting on the chair) and Pickle (my 1 year old Boston Puggle).


No comments:

Post a Comment